Tuesday, October 30, 2012

POZNAN OCT. 29, 2012

SARA'S NEW ADDRESS
Stowianska 38 F M.1061-664 Poznan, Poland


Dear FAMILY!!!

I feel like it's been forever since I wrote you all! But it really it's
just another 7 days ago. Just so much change, it's weird. But I am
loving it here in Poznan. It's a beautiful city and I still have no
idea where everything is but I am learning! I miss Gdansk and the people 
but being busy helps.

Sister Allen is great. I really love working with her and I know that
we are already on the brink of many miracles. She is a joy to be
around and I'm excited to work with her and see the progress of our
wonderful investigators.


THIS IS SIS. FOLSOM AS SHE LEAVES THE MISSION FIELD FOR HOME
WITH THE TRADITIONAL FAREWELL TOKEN.
Seriously she and Sister Folsom have tons of
really cool investigators---they just need to get in the water! So
please be praying for our investigators and their progress :)

Something I learned from the scriptures this week: Well our homework
from last district meeting in Gdansk was about first impressions. We
read through Ammon (the first one with King Limhi) and what his first
impression was like after being imprisoned. He was humble, respectful,
bold, and grateful. Then we compared him with Korihor and his
attitude. He was proud, he said "great swelling words" insulted the
people's traditions and lied/exaggerated. Then it was cool to apply
that to missionary work and see how we can be more like Ammon as we
teach and testify. Then the homework part was to find what Christ's
first impressions are like. It was so cool. I loved that homework. One
of my favorite ones was Christ with the Samaritan woman at the well. I
really liked it--so I'll let you read it yourself and see how cool it
is. Then next week I'll give my thoughts.

Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: Hope. We are going to have
the hope in our investigators that they will progress, come to church,
and make and keep their commitments to prepare them for baptism. If
there's only one thing I've learned so far on the mission it's that
FAITH WORKS MIRACLES. It is so true. So I am really focusing to have
the faith and the hope that if we work hard in a spirit of love, the
Lord will follow through on His promises. In our personal studies this
week, Sister Allen and I have been researching the promises made to
Poland concerning missionary work and wow--I'm grateful to be a part
of it. It's really cool. I will write some next week.

I saw the Lord's hand this week when: a woman came up to us in a
restaurant as we were having lunch. She started talking to us and as
we testified about our purpose, she felt the truth of what we were
saying. Her name is Danka and she came to Institute, church, and we
are so excited to continue meeting with her.

Other cool things from this week:
* Izabella, our cute maybe 40s investigator has a baptismal date for
7th of december!

THIS IS A PICTURE OF THE REEDS THEY ENTERED THE MISSION FIELD TO POZNAN APRIL 2012
* The senior couple, the Reeds, are AMAZING here. They are so helpful
and they already have served a mission in the Ukraine. (which is not weak.) This saturday they did an "Armor of God" fireside and it was so fun! We invited members investigators and everyone and we created an armor using tin foil and cardboard.



* I lost my planner this week (very important thing in the mission) so
Sister Allen's like "have you prayed to find it? ...oops. Hadn't done
that! so we prayed together and next place I look-bam. there it is.
Not much has changed in that dept of my personality.

Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
I LOVE YOU!!!! JA WAS KOCAM!!!
Sara
SIS ALLEN ON THEIR MORNING RUN
p.s. I don't know WHY but everyone here thinks I'm mexican or spanish!
It's so funny. First of all no one can say my nazwisko (last name) so
I think Bez will just have to do. And then after I introduce myself
the person asks, "are you spanish or mexican? you look like you have a
little....yeah...the eyes..." It's so funny! I never got that before
in Gdansk.

No comments:

Post a Comment