Thursday, October 18, 2012

GDANSK OCT 15TH 2012

Sara enjoying her Zakhtar Pita bread that was carefully carried by Sis. Lewis from Utah as she returned to Poland.  Sara Hit her half way mark on Oct. 11, 2012 (interesting card she received?)


Dearest family,

Well it's October 15th. I can't believe I am over halfway through my mission and one day away from my 22nd birthday! Thank you all for remembering my birthday and wishing me a good one :)

The Book of Mormon is so good. I almost didn't want to finish it! I read the last couple chapters really slowly, just savoring it all up. I hope you all had a good experience reading it this time around. Something struck me more this time. Verse 3 of chapter 10 in Moroni just hit me more. I love how Moroni exhorts us to remind ourselves how merciful the Lord was and is from the creation of Adam til the time when we are reading his final words. 

I encourage you to sit down for 5 minutes. Don't have anything else going on, no phone or computer or anything in your mind other than verses 3 and 4. And just think. Think about how merciful God has been to our forefathers, all the people in the scriptures, and then in your life individually, personally. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It all really happened. And it has changed my life. I feel the Spirit when I read it and I know that anyone who asks in faith with real intent can receive an answer through the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is of God. 
So for those of you who maybe haven't finished the Book of Mormon, don't worry! My birthday's not until tomorrow. You can get some good reading/listening in today and then finish it :) 

This week has kind of been different. Sis Ostler wasn't feeling too good last week so we went to the doctor's on Tuesday with President Kempa. He was really nice and set it all up for us and even waited with us there. But things haven't really been improving that much as far as her health goes so we've been at home most of this week. It's been pretty fun though because I got to go through the entire area book at once, which I've been dying to do. AND we bought a new map and that makes me really happy.  Anyway it's funny because on average we have about 17-18 lessons a week...well this week we had 4! Haha. But it's good. It was good to prioritize our meetings and decide what was feasible and what wasn't. 

Anyway, Sister Ostler is so patient. She hasn't been feeling good last week or this week but she has had a bright attitude through it all. I really admire her diligence and endurance. Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: "All things work together for the good of them that love God" -Romans 8:28. We are trying to be positive and see the good in everything, even in our sickness and trials. I was feeling pretty healthy throughout this whole thing...up until last night. I got a headache which was hurting and then last night I got really really hot and then really really cold. Anyway it wasn't pretty and this morning at about 6 am I was just moaning in the bathroom like a baby :( I just felt SICK. Anyway the cool part is Sister O got up and helped me a lot and gave me some hot water and salt and that helped a lot. She was sick too but she was super nice and took care of me.

Other fun things from this week:
*Really cool mtg with Magdalena, an awesome girl from Manhattan library. She's 24 and interested. And searching! Who could ask for more?
*We had brinner (breakfast for dinner) at the Lewis's and watched conference! I loved it. We watched Elder Holland and President Eyring from the Sunday session. 
*We met Sister Lewis's neighbor Halina, who is so fun. We made quiche together--well, she taught us how to make it. And then we ate it! so good!!
*Saturday President Kempa sent us missionaries a text saying he wanted to meet with us after church. I'll admit I was kind of nervous--did I do something wrong? Does he want us to do something differently? etc? But it was really cool. All he did was thank us. He told us the members have called him and told him what a good job the missionaries are doing and he really appreciates everything we're doing. I was in shock! And I was really happy. So then today he took us to Politechnika and showed us around. It's really cool because it was built by the Masons so there a lot of interesting symbols on the walls and doors. 

Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
Sister Bezdjian

No comments:

Post a Comment