Monday, October 8, 2012

OCTOBER 8TH GDANSK


We will now be the old ladies in the mission with the amazing 19 year old Sisters coming.
Yippppeee the work is moving forward with even more speed.



Dearest Hannah, Andrew, Raffie, and Lindy,

Thank you always praying for us. We really do feel a difference and I love knowing that you are all so supportive. How did conference go this week? Sadly we only got to hear a few minutes of it because the computer stopped working. But I did hear that women and men can serve missions earlier! that is exciting. Then Brat Lewis invited us missionaries to share our testimonies and that was nice.
Sister Ostler is such a trooper. She hasn't been feeling her greatest this week (some throwing up and major headaches :( sad huh!) but she meets it all with such a good attitude and a smile. She is seriously so positive even when she's in pain and feeling terribly sick. I admire how patient she is in her sickness!

Something I learned from the Book of Mormon this week: I read Moroni 7 this morning and the verse about "by their works ye shall know them" triggered some thinking. Where do our works come from? Well actions stem from thoughts and if our thoughts have such influence on our works, what controls them? I thought a lot about desire and how our desires really define who we are. Still studying that though so I'll let you know what I conclude. Anyway we should all be finishing Ether today which is exciting because Moroni just breezes by. Please, like you all should for conference, have questions in mind as you study these last few chapters in the Book of Mormon. Sis O has taught me a lot about that--asking questions really enriches our reading and study of the scriptures. 
Anyway, dalej in chapter 7 Mormon talks about charity. So our Christ-like attribute for this week is a focus on charity: "seeketh not her own." We are going to turn outwards and seek the happiness and benefit of others rather than focusing inwards. I'm excited.
I saw the Lord's hand this week when: we went to meet with a potential. We met them a few months ago and they set up with us in Oct. So we went to their house and sadly they weren't home. But then on the way out of their apt we met a man who has been searching for the truth. His name is Zygmund and he looks like a Polish version of Gene Wilder (know you'll love that Han). He nearly cried when we gave him a Book of Mormon and we're meetin with him and his wife next week.

Other miracles:
*Irena says she feels more powerful and more confident since she's received the Holy Ghost. It is amazing and true. You can totally see a difference in her demeanor from now compared to before her baptism and she is so happy.
*We had a mtg with a mom in a park this week but at the last minute she cancelled (her kids are sick) so our back up plan was to find someone in the park and talk to them about the gospel. Well then guess who walked up? OLA!!! From our Manhattan English class (which is put on hold now until we can figure out another time to do it--they changed bosses and the new boss is not down for us coming in the library and reading the BOM with the staff). We're still in good contact with all of them and we LOVE Ola so of course we were excited to see her! We talked for awhile and at the end of the conversation she told us, "you know as I was walking through this park [she was on her way to work which is harder now with the new boss] I was kind of sad. And I thought 'I wish I could meet someone here' and then I ran into you sisters." Well that was definitley NOT chance. Definitely the Lord's hand is in our lives and work.
*Agata, this really cool lady is half-way through the Book of Mormon! She is amazing and so so smart.
Thank you for all you do and for who you are. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Sister Bezdjian

p.s. Prank from this week:
Starszy Harris asked me to make him a case for his book of mormon with pics of sports etc. so I made a fake one with a model make up lady on it hahaha. Pics attached. PICTURE DIDN'T COME THROUGH:(

p.p.s. I got letters from the Bezdjians!!! YAY THANK YOU!!!!!!!! they made my day!



Trip to the zoo on P-day Oct 1st
So different not to see Sis Harker with them.
They miss Sis. Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment