Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 1st, 2012


Dear Family,

So I have something to confess.

We didn't really go to the JLo concert. Ha! I know you all fell for it right? Well joke's on you. :) It's ok though because I played the joke on Presdient too. He almost fell for it muahaha. He actually called  Elder Myler to make sure we weren't going to the concert...haha. 

OK seriously now, thank you so much for your prayers. We are being so blessed right now and yes, because we are trying to talk to everyone but I think it's mostly because of the faith from ALL OF YOU. So keep it up! thank you :)
Sister Ostler is amazing. I learned a lot from her this week. She is a very supportive person. I noticed how she always strives to support others in their experiences/trials/or whatever it might be. I really admire how willing she is to talk with anyone about something and work things out. 

Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: Thinking no evil. That includes any negative thoughts. I'm excited to do this because I feel like I have become better on my mission about not SAYING as many negative things but I could improve a lot on not THINKING negatively. 

I saw the Lord's hand this week when: we met some young really cool kids on a whiteboard this week. We weren't completely sure if they would meet us (sometimes people flake us) but they were there even before us to meet and talk about the Book of Mormon. They are really smart, amazing kids and we've been praying to find young people especially lately so I hope that they will progress and feel the power of the Spirit.

Other fun things from this week:
*Krystyna our neighbor interested in family history work made us dinner this week! so good. (see pictures.) We are going to watch the Joseph Smith video with her tonight. 






*Jozef and Irena made us a lunch and it was so much fun. And yesterday they introduced us to their friends! They have two little ponies and they are so cute. The couple is just sweet and we exchanged numbers and they'll hopefully become new investigators. 














*Sad thing...Sister Harker left this week! And Brother Harker too. We miss her a lot already (Bro H is coming back next week or so)! She was the light of our week and so calm in everything she does. ALSO before she left, she bought me and Sis O skirts! So sweet. 
The Harkers are shown here with Pres. and Sister Nielson.
The Harkers are so kind to the missionaries even when they are not in Poland.
 Since Bro Harker is returning to  Poland he took orders from the missionaries
for something they miss from America:   Sister Ostler (Salt/Vinegar Chips)
Elder Myler (Microwave Popcorn/Hot Chocolate) Elder Harris (Ranch Dressing Packet)

Sara didn't put in an order so we will see!  The Harkers treated the missionaries to Mexican Burritos in Poland, a favorite spot of the mission on their last P-day together.  Sara and Sister Ostler were so blessed to be in Poland during Sis. Harker's 12 weeks there. 

*We are offically homeless! Haha just kidding. We are out of the library and now meeting in the Hotel Mercur. So please pray that we can find a good place for a chapel soon. We would love to have a more permanent place to meet. 
This is the library where they were meeting.  They will not be able to meet there for a month so they will be meeting in a Hotel downtown.  Hopefully they can find a good location and building soon.  They also will not be able to teach their English Class in the library right now see below.

*We did a whiteboard with the Elders by the Manhattan mall and talked to a TON of people! So fun. Sad news though...our Manhattan library book of mormon reading class is postponed because they have a new director...so please pray for that to go through too!

So Book of Mormon reading. We should all be going through Ether 3--13 this week. I'm so excited. I'm actually a bit ahead because I couldn't stop the other day! Ether is one of my favorites and it's just so fun to read. I think the brother of Jared is a excellent example of faith but as I was reading through this time I think he was something else too. He has so much humility and I think that is what made him so faithful. I want to be more like that. 

Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
Sister Bezdjian

No comments:

Post a Comment