Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A few more days!!




Dear Hannah, Mom, Andrew, and Dad, (and family and friends)
 
Thank you so much for all of your support as I've been serving in Poland. I really appreciate all the help and prayers and emails and letters. I have felt your support and I am really grateful! Sometimes I just needed a boost mid-week and then one of Mom's letters would come in the mail or I'd reread Dad's email or think of Andrew and Hannah and it always lifted me up and gave me more energy. 

Also just wanted to say how grateful I am for President Nielson. He's been an amazing mission president. He has taught and helped me so much. It's exciting that we're going home together!

The principle I learned this week was...to give it everything. And to do it out of love and let God do the rest in His wisdom. It was an amazing week and getting the standard was no small feat. It took every ounce of energy and concentration. My feet are sooo tired but I am so glad because I wouldn't be comfortable ending my mission with any reserved strength. There were two nights, when at 9:25 we ended a lesson and had to sprint home to make it by 9:30 but it was so worth it. There is so much comfort knowing that I have (and still am) given it my all and that the results I can't see now will come with time. 

There's a quote I saw in the MTC that has really influenced me and how I think about things:
"When you've done all you can do and have reached the limit, what will happen? As always as in the past, man's extremity is God's opportunity. The Lord never helps us while we can help ourselves. This is our day. We don't expect him to do miraculous things that we can do ourselves. When we have done our utmost, then will come God's opportunity"
 Melvin J. Ballard.

I think that says it all.

The most amazing experience this week was...sitting in sacrament meeting with our new investigator/baptismal-candidate, Lucyna! She is really an astounding person. When I stopped her on the street a week and a half ago, she just seemed so sad. She spoke in a kind-of depressed tone and you could just tell she wasn't really happy. To be honest, I only half-expected her to come to our appointment. But then she did! We had a meeting and then this past Tuesday we met again. The change in her just from Thursday to Tuesday was unbelieveable! She walked in, even SMILED at us, and just looked so much happier! Then we asked how her reading from the Book of Mormon went and she had read!  So a few days later we had a "film night" and we watched the Restoration. She loved it! and she even said she "feels love" when she comes to the chapel for our meetings. It was really amazing. And if that wasn't enough, she came to church, dressed in a beautiful dress, and ready to attend sacrament meeting. The change that we're seeing in her is amazing and I know it's because she's chosen to follow the example of Jesus Christ. Her date is for the 27th of July and Sister Blake (who will be training by the way!!) and her new companion will be right there to help her.


Sister Blake and I are...doing so so well. I love Sister Blake so much! It is going to be really hard to leave, not only Poland and not only the mission, but also my amazing companion. I'll really miss her. She's taught me a lot this week about obedience and sacrifice. We talked about what we can sacrifice to be more obedient. So she inspired me to sacrifice our comfort and we ran home so so tired in order to be home on time. She is such a disciple of Christ and I'm so happy we will be friends long after the mission.





I love you. Can't wait to see you all in just a matter of days!!
Love,
Sister Bezdjian
 

No comments:

Post a Comment