Monday, April 15, 2013

10 weeks to work the best I can!


Dearest Family,

Thank you for all your support and wonderful emails! I love love LOVE hearing from you!

I had the most amazing experience this week...when our kids english family invited us over for dinner! We had dinner with them on Saturday and the whole family (parents and 5 kids) were there! It was a great time to talk, get to know each other, and kind of feel out how they are feeling about the Church. From that dinner Sister Bown and I now feel that they are ready and willing to talk with us more about the gospel and not just english. They are the cutest family and they already have such strong faith. We are now going to help them receive the restored gospel. So please pray for them!

The principle I learned was...I read the coolest thing in Jesus the Christ this week that really enlightened something for me. Whenever I read Moroni 7:48 I often wonder what does it mean that "we will see Him as He is for we will be like Him." I didn't really get it. But this week I was reading a bit during breakfast and I came across the parable of the talents. A Lord gave his servants each 5 talents, 2, and 1 according to their several ability. And the first two increased their talents and saw their Master as a good and wise man. The last, who buried His Lord's money and did nothing with it saw Him as a "hard man, who reaped where He had not sown." The author of Jesus the Christ goes on to say that the last servant didn't see the Master as He is. That is because the servant fell short of where he should be and how he should have served. If we truly apply the doctrine of Christ in our lives and we try to be merciful, helpful, forgiving, wise just as Christ is--then when we will see Him as He is. 




Sister Bown and I are....doing fantastic! I love Sister Bown and we are getting in a good groove of teaching and finding together. She is really good at talking things out and I have really loved her humor this week.
I have been laughing from morning til evening and it's great because we're still working hard. One funny joke she did really made me laugh. We were planning (on the floor because we were so tired) and I said "Hey, let's make tomorrow a church day! We'll invite everyone on the streets to church, and that will be the focus of all our lessons." And she goes "YEAH! And hey! Let's wear church clothes!"
Get it? Cuz we always wear church clothes. Hahahaha. 


 
Other things:
 
*We bought a frozen rabbit and decided to cook it this week. Yum. But kind of hard to cut. And I thought the legs were ears. Oops. 
 
*President called on Friday and has called me to be a "Sister Training Leader!" It's like a mix between zone leader and assistant. Basically it means that I get to attend Missionary Leader meeting once a month and travel around the mission and do exchanges---starting with...
GDANSK!!!! I leave on the train this afternoon.

*Darek (from Gdynia) called the other day. It was SO GOOD to hear from him! He and his wife Marzena are some of my most favorite people in Poland. I love them!

Love you,

Sister Bezdjian



No comments:

Post a Comment