Monday, July 30, 2012

july 30th mission life

Dear Family,

Today has been a great day already. We got on the train this morning to Warsaw at 5:55 am (yikes!) and slept a little bit, had some study on the train, and talked to the couple next to us. Sadly they wouldn't accept a Book of Mormon but it was still good to talk to them and testify to the woman that she will see her uncle (who just died) again. We did some paperwork here in Warsaw and now we're near the train station and in a few minutes we'll be back on the train to Gdansk!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROSEPH YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I hope it was a great one! You are the best brother ever and I love you so much! Muah and burzaczki ci!!


Sister Ostler is amazing. She truly loves all of our investigators and you can tell in the way she interacts with them. I also love how much she loves to cook! Sometimes she experiments in the kitchen and it's so delicious!! I am really benefitting too much from her good cooking I think.

Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: humility. It is so true that every sin, every thing in contradiction to God and his eternal purposes boils down to pride. Actively this week we are trying to be humble and I'm going to study this attribute more in my personal study.Something I learned in the Book of Mormon this week was how much humility is needed in order to plant the word. It's also impossible I think to feel the Spirit and prideful at the same time. I tried having the Spirit with me more this week by remembering Christ's patience even when I feel like there's so much work to do.

Some fun things in this week:
*We played tennis with the Harkers last Monday for Pday fun! It was great. Even though my swing was pretty bad...after awhile the instructor was like "I can't watch this anymore. I must correct you." Embarrassing right?
*We went to a referral who lived kind of far away. When we got there, she opened the door, said "NIE!" and slammed the door in our faces...oops? We left a letter explaining that she requested our visit and on the way out her neighbor invited us in for coffee! It was really great and Elzbieta (the neighbor) said she would read the Book of Mormon and would like to come to our church.
*Our Manhattan English/Book of Mormon Book Club is going great! We read the introduction together this week and talked about words like covenant, scattered, revelation. It was really cool. Please keep Mili, Ola, and Justyna in your prayers :)
*We had our last neighborhood grill, HAWAIIAN style thanks to Sister Harker! It was sad but our contract on the building is up so we are moving! To where, we don't know yet. For now we are meeting in a library downtown but I'll let you know when we figure it out.
*Agnieszka is doing well! Her 8 yr old son Tomek prayed for the first time in front of us last night! She is amazing and we had a lesson about charity. We love her so much.

Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
Sister Bezdjian

p.s. Congrats to Justi who got her mission call to Germany!!!! I am SO SO SO excited for you!!!!

p.p.s. I want to also congratulate Kelsey and Josh who were married this weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Ughh, this makes me so happy! I love that the librarians are reading the Book of Mormon! Those people are seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete