Wednesday, March 7, 2012

mtc week 8! final countdown

Guess what? 6 days and we will be leaving!!!! How exciting is that??!?!

I love the MTC so much and I really love my companions, and our district and teachers. But I am VERY VERY excited to be out in the field! Can you believe it's comign so soon? I hope to call you in the airport!

This past Tuesday Elder Holland came to the MTC. He told us some amazing perspective-changing things:
*Everything we ask and want for our investigators is what Heavenly Father wants for us. WE are God's investigators. I thought that was interesting.
*Let the mission/the gospel change you FOREVER. "Never go back to what you were--even if you were terrific."
*Use the Book of Mormon more. We read 1 Nephi 1 (only 20 verses long) together and we talked about what Lehi/all prophets do. So investigators will know that prophets:
-pray -converse with Divine Beings -are given holy books -warn of sin -prophecy of Christ
He then told us that that is Joseph Smith's story. So cool. I had never seen that chapter that way.

I really love Elder Holland. I wish I could have talked to him! But oh well. Another day.

This past Saturday Elder Christofferson was in Poland!! So cool. Our mission President sent us multiple emails about how great it was and how proud he was of the missionaries and their spiritual preparation for an apostle.

We have another "Pday" on Saturday to do laundry and pack so I may get to email again then. If not, we'll talk on Monday for sure!! I can't wait to talk to you Dad, Mom, Andrew, and Hannah (even though you'll be in Puerto Rico). We'll have to figure out the time difference, just talk to mom about that please. it'll be before we leave SLC, or after we land in Chicago. Let me know what works better for all of you.

And remember I love you!!! Also if you have thoughts about a verse/chapter from the Book of Mormon please write me it!

LOVE YOU,
Sara

oh yeah guess what else?!?! WOJTEK AGREED TO BE BAPTIZED!!! We're so excited about that. we've had some really good lessons lately. yay. soon it'll be back to square one though haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment