Friday, March 23, 2012

in poland!

Dear Family,

Hello! What a week. So much has happened!

So guess what? I'm in Gdansk!!!! (yes dad, i'm saying it in the German voice) with Sister McAdams. She is amazing. I love her so much already! She motivates me every day to be diligent in my studying and in our tracting. Something I learned from her this week was applying the battle/war chapters from our Book of Mormon (Alma 49-53ish) reading to our investigators. It's good to share with the investigators things like "oh, we were reading the Book of Mormon this morning and this scripture reminded us of you and how..." It really shows the investigator how we can apply the Book of Mormon to our daily lives. And it helps us think of them more too. We have high baptismal goals to accomplish before she leaves.

Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: charity. We want to have charity for the Lord, each other, and the people of Poland. Charity is very tied with patience. Sometimes it is discouraging when people don't want to try to see if the Book of Mormon is true but the few people who tell us they'd like to read it, or they want to find true are worth every slammed door. We had a cool experience when we ran into a lady named Ola this week and she said she had just been talking with her friend about our church that afternoon--so rare! Seriously NO ONE has heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Some might think it was chance but I know that we were doing what the Lord wanted where He wanted us. Hopefully we can meet with her. I am building my faith that people are being prepared by the Lord to hear the message of the restored gospel.

Church was amazing. The branch is so tiny. Like seriously, the room where we have sacrament meeting is like one of the primary rooms. Maybe two put together. Pictures soon! And chocolate packages too. Anyway I bore my testimony this Sunday to kind of introduce myself and I totally cried. Wonderful first impression right? Oh well. Ok not much time plus I know you all are busy busy! Hence, bullet points.

*first lesson! with less active thai woman named samjiit! so nice. barely speaks english let alone polish! who knew my first lesson would be in broken english using an ipad to google translate hard to charade words? anyway she really wants to pay tithing even though she works on sundays. so sweet! also we went to her house with all my luggage...(it was easier trainwise) so funny hauling it up to her apt to teach a simple lesson!

*Lesson with Lidia, a recent convert! she was baptized a week ago. She says reading the scriptures is like eating chocolate and she has two of the cutest kids in the world! I love her so much already.

*met a guy named Piotr...seemed super interested in reading the Book of Mormon! I hope he calls us!!! couldn't get his number...grrr

*funny moment: old man spit on my face while talking about how we all need to love each other. haha.

*other funny moment: another old man, 3 min later gave me all his spare change. I tried not to take it but he was like I know i'll be blessed by God for this!!!! hahaha.

*Talking with this Muslim guy named Mohammed about how we can know what in the Bible is true and stuff. Can't wait to set up a mtg with him.

*This babcia (grandma) in the ward named Halina is A SAINT. She is awesome. Super strong and kinda spunky too! Pictures soon.

I love you all!!!!!

Thank you so much for the package mom!!! You're the best. I will be writing you all letters today but please write me an email on here. then I can reply you individually!

Sara

p.s. can only email family...so please write me back! But DEAR ELDER WORKS FOR POLAND. idk how long it takes but it does.

also my address is:

Sister Bezdjian

Ul. Brzozana 9C/1

Gdansk 80243

No comments:

Post a Comment