Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MTC week 7!

Dear Family,
Hi! How are you all? Can you believe how fast time is flying?? In 13 days I will be on my way to Poland!!! How crazy is that? I'm really excited and oddly not scared or worried at all. But my companions are getting a little nervovy! (nervous) But they are excited still too. Our teachers are really excited for us too, they keep telling us stories about how amazing Poland is and everything.
So this Sunday night we had a devotional from President Myers one of the District Presidents here. He told us about a reunion with his companions and they were talking about Elders from their missions and what they were like. He said it was interesting because they all remembered that Elder for the same attribute--"he was so hardworking" or "he was so loving" and they all remembered them that way. So then he turned the question to us and asked us, "What do YOU want to be remembered for?" That is a very good question. Then he had us study a little bit and answer that question and explain that attribute with a scripture. Mine was loving and diligence (hard working) and I love the scripture Moroni 8:33; I really want to remember it always:
"And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and beause of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God." I love this scripture.
So family, I ask you and invite you to answer this question: What do you want to be remembered for? Just pick one (maybe two) attribute(s) and find a scripture that talks about that. And then you can share it with me if you want (through dear elder) or you can write it in your journal. Either way, just remember what you chose and strive to do that thing! I am going to do the same.
I can't wait to talk to you all in just less than 2 weeks! We should get our travel plans this Friday so I'll let you know what they are. Hopefully we'll have some nice layover time! I'm so excited, I already want to pack one of my suitcases.
I love you all so much family! Remember that I am praying for you every day :) and that I love you. That is why I can't wait to share the gospel of happiness with those who want to have the blessings we have.
Love,
Sara
p.s. I'm glad you all went to dinner on Friday! That makes me happy when I hear about our family doing things all together. I love it :D Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment