Wednesday, February 8, 2012

more MTC life!

Dearest Family,
Wow what a spiritually uplifting week! We heard from Elder Holland and Elder Nelson on the 50 Anniversary of the MTC on Tuesday and we've been teaching our rough investigator more and fast Sunday was a feast!
One of my favorite talks was from about a week ago from Robert P. Swenson, the Director of Missionary Services. He had three sisters stand up who were going to Holland. One of them was a girl I knew in High School! The other girls I didn't know but Brother Swenson explained how he knew these two sisters and how they are different in many ways but they are the same in the most important ones. They all had a desire to be good, to serve a mission, testimonies of Jesus Christ, and the Lord knows them. He told us to relate this to our missions. He testified that the Lord knows us, He knows our companions, He knows our mission presidents, He knows all of our investigators and He knows what we need. Basically it was really nice to take a step back and realize that the Lord has a plan for me and for Poland and He is preparing us to proclaim the gospel. While he was talking, I asked myself the question, why does the Lord trust me/us to help with His greatest work? It is a huge work and he's letting us, mere mortals (and young unwise ones at that) help others follow Christ. Why? As Brother Swenson kept talking, he answered my question. He was explaining more about the Lord's plan and how He wants to help us. And then I had something come to my memory by the Spirit. The Lord won't ever ask us to do something we can't do (with His help). I've been really pondering 1 Nephi 3:7 lately. I know we've all heard that scripture before but it's so cruicial to keeping all the commandments of the Lord!
Whether it's repenting, keeping the word of wisdom, reading our scriptures every single day, or praying sincerely, the Lord has commanded us to do it and He won't command the impossible. He commands these things because:
1. It's possible to do, especially easier with His help
2. Obedience brings blessing and happiness
3. Obeying the Lord sincerely draws us closer to Him
This week in the TRC, we got to speak with two polish natives! One is a girl named Ada and the other is Maruicz (like mario-with an oosh and the end). Mariucz asked us about why we don't wear crosses and it was so cool! I could actually speak back and forth with him in a conversation! So exciting! It was amazing and we could really feel the Spirit when we testified in unity about the gospel of Christ.
Ok i'm giong to try to send some recordings now!


I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry this email was so long!
Kocham ciebie,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment