Monday, December 17, 2012

The Apoxalypse

Dearest family,

Thank you for your prayers. Knowing that you are all praying for me
and our companionship is a huge comfort. Because I won't lie, I've had
a pretty crazy week! We had Zone training on wednesday and then we
found out something crazy. But first answer me this:

What has white feathers and lays eggs?
What do most people get once in their lives?
What has an incubation period of 21 days?
When do you use Camomile lotion?
What did we get from the Griffiths when we were kids?
Why does Hannah have a scar near her eyebrow?
What did the pani doctor tell me I have this week?




That's right. CHICKEN POX. For the second time. It was really crazy
and painful and I DO NOT recommend it! Apparently I just caught it
from the air and stuff. It all started on Tuesday, my head was kinda
itchy but I didn't know why so I just kept scratching. Well that night
my hands had all these red tiny itchy bumps. The next day they were on
my face and feet and knees and elbows and just everywhere. It was
pretty gross.

But anyway!
Sister Allen is an amazing comforter. This week was kind of painful at
times (chicken pox are NOT enjoyable, trust me) and there wasn't much
I could do to help the burning, itching feeling all over my body. But
Sister Allen is so amazing. I was in a lot of pain one night and she
woke up and helped me, brought me cool rags to put on my poxes, told
me stories to get my mind of the itching, and was just overall so
patient with me. The next day one of our investigators had broken her
hand and called us in pain, crying on the phone. Sister Allen sang
some christmas carols and our investigator still keeps thanking her
for doing that.

Something I learned from the scriptures this week: Well, before we
realized it was chicken pox, I was just itching all over and really
not liking it. So I decided to ponder about who also had red
irritating boils all over their skin and I thought about Job. So I
decided to read his story. Well little did I know! I thought maybe his
hardships lasted, 2 or 3 chapters but to my surprised there is 42
chapters of his suffering before he gets back to normal. We had just
had a lesson with a member and an investigator who asked "why does God
let some people be born rich and others are in poverty?" I was
pondering that question as I read the story of Job. True, it wasn't
'fair' that God allowed Satan to tempt Job. But then Job, in the end,
received double what he had in the beginning. And not only that, but
he gained knowledge throughout the experience. Even though he "cursed
the day he was born" I think Job has astounding character for enduring
faithfully and staying true to what he knew to be right. I hope I can
follow his example, even in hard trials. He recognized that God gave
him all those things, and God could take it away too. It was helpful
to think of Job while I was in the depths of chicken pox. Ha ha.
Sister Reed was also really really helpful too. She brought us all
this baking soda and I took a nice bath in it.

My Christ-like attribute for this week is: adapting. I want to be
flexible to the change that's going to happen. Sister Allen will be
transferring to Warsaw on Wednesday and I am really going to miss her.
But I know that change is a good thing and enables other things to
grow. So my goal is to adapt to the needs of our investigators,
members, and contacts that we meet. I'm excited for Christmas and to
celebrate it here in Poznan.

Ways we saw the Lord's hand this week: I am healing from the pox! That
has been the greatest miracle of all. I am so grateful to have health
and be remotivated to go out and work and talk with people about the
gospel. I love missionary work. I can't wait to get out there again!
Also since we've been stuck inside all week (we have officially called
EVERYONE in the area book, phone, and investigators) the Elders and
Elder Reed came and brought us the sacrament yesterday. That was
really amazing and personal as sister allen and I were the only ones
and it was just for us. I love that feeling of renewal.

I love you all! And I pray for you every day. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
Sister Bezdjian


No comments:

Post a Comment