Monday, December 10, 2012

Dec. 10, 2012 -Amazing, freezing week in Poznan Poland

in the rynek (market)

my makeshift shelf in the bathroom


with rotten yogurt in our kitchen

morning soccer

at a cathedral last pday

by the river, serious face


Dearest Family, czyli Dad, Mom, Andrew, Hannah,

Thank you for the pictures! I love love love hearing from you all! It
just brightens my entire week.

Sister Allen is wonderful. Honestly I think we are having too much
fun. We are learning so much and I love the joy of missionary work.
Sister Allen is really good at pondering on the words of the
scriptures so I love hearing her thoughts in companion study.  She
taught me something really cool from the scriptures this week. She was
reading in D&C and it says to "fear not, and hearken not unto the
commandments of men." Me, being a rusher, would just race through it
and keep reading. But Sister Allen is a level up. She stopped and
thought, what are the commandments of men? and pondered it. So then
she told me some and we thought of some together.
-That one has to be skinny and perfect to fit into society
-Take care of yourself---meaning in a selfish way, don't bear the
burdens of others
-Get money
-Eat, drink, and be merry
etc. I'm sure you can think of some more.

Something I learned from the scriptures this week: For district
meeting we answered questions that we get asked all the time, using
the Book of Mormon. It was such an enlightening discussion! Some of
our questions were:
why are you here?
how did you learn Polish?
why does God allow bad things to happen?
I already have been baptized/the Bible/my church. why do I need to be
baptized again/your message/the Book of Mormon?
It was really cool to search through the Book of Mormon to find the
answers and discuss. I'm excited to sum up these doctrines in Polish
and be prepared to tell and testify to people.

Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: I have patience and Sister
Allen has faith. Then at the end of the week we're going to talk about
them and how they relate to each other. I think as we both work on
these, we will strengthen our faith and wax stronger in our patience
to fulfill the goals we have of having one baptism before the end of
the year.

HAPPENINGS IN GDANSK!


 ONE OF SARA'S FAVORITE FAMILIES FROM GDANSK HAD THEIR YOUNGEST DAUGHTER WHO IS NOW 8 ENTER THE WATERS OF BAPTISM.  ANIA WATCHED HER MOTHER, OLDER SISTER AND BROTHER BE BAPTIZED SEPT 22ND - THE WAIT SEEMED LIKE IT WOULD BE LONG BUT IT HAPPENED 12/8/12!  CONGRATULATIONS ANIA!!!







BACK TO POZNAN:
Way we saw the Lord's hand this week: We had so many people in church
this week! It was great. And with two families with kids there too, it
felt like home (aka noise during the talks, kids running around,
parents going in and out). It was amazing to feel the Spirit with our
investigators outnumbering the members. I loved it. I can't wait to
see the branch in Poznan grow and grow. Later Sunday night we had a
lesson with one of the families. They are doing so great. We acted out
1 Nephi 1-4 with the kids and it was actually really fun. I was Lemuel
Zoram, and Laban and the 4 year old was the Spirit, the 8 year old was
Nephi and the 13 year old was Lehi. It was so cute and fun. Oh and the
Mom was the narrator/reading person and Sister Allen was Laman. You
can already see a difference in their family; I love seeing the change
the gospel brings in people.

Other things from this week:
*We met this cute couple walking on the street one cold night. We were
on the way to a less active's house and we started talking to this
lady about the Book of Mormon. Next thing we know she invited us
inside and we had a lesson with her and her boyfriend!

*Sister Allen and I ate frog legs for lunch one day at a Chinese
restaurant. Cool to hear Polish with a chinese accent.

*We had a really fun YSA event. We decorated the Christmas tree in the
foyer! One of our families came and they loved it and then these two
young boys we met came too. That was crazy because we didn't expect so
many people.

FROM THE REEDS BLOG - the two boys were put in charge of the lights
beautiful tree!


*Basically life is great. It's just kinda cold. But even that's kind
of fun sometimes. I am loving the mission and our investigators and
all the opportunities we're having! Heavenly Father is truly blessing
us immensely and I love being able to see His hand in all that we're
doing.

Thank you for all you do and for who you are. I hope you're all
getting ready for the holidays!
Sister Bezdjian

p.s. For those of you who don't know:
I just got an email from my sister, Hannah and she got her mission call! She
is going to the Yerevan, Armenian mission and will be one of the first sister
missionaries in Georgia!!! She will be teaching in Georgian!! I am so excited for her. I am just so happy--I am speechless!

No comments:

Post a Comment