Sunday, June 24, 2012

june 18! Baptisms


Hi Family! 

Oh man. I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers and support. You guys give me so much happiness. 

I love Sister McAdams. This week she taught me a lot about enduring to the end. She is on her last few days (she flies home this Friday) and she still works so hard! I love serving with her and I am sad that she's leaving. I love her! Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: serving with love. We are striving to help people "along the way" and we know that as we go about "doing good" we will be led to the people the Lord has been preparing. 

Something I learned in the Book of Mormon this week was about the conversion King Benjamin's people experienced. I always love reading his speech and it reminds me how merciful our Heavenly Father has been to me. Realizing that inspires me to be more giving, serve more, and be more like He is to my brothers and sisters in Poland. By next Monday, we should all be on Mosiah 15 so really dig in this week :) They're some deep awesome chapters. I'm going to apply them to myself: How am I like Zeniff? Like King Noah? I also read the talk by President Benson called "Beware of Pride." It was very very enlightening. I strongly recommend you to reading it. 

People are still going crazy for the Euro. But more on that in a minute. First I want to write about baptisms! Well this Saturday Alexander and his wife Alicja were baptized! The Elders received their info from their daughter who lives in England and was baptized there. They are an older couple but really want to follow Christ. The baptism was great, Patryk our recent convert 17 yrs old spoke and then we all walked across the street to the swimming pool. Then we sang a hymn and Patryk baptized both of them. It was really special and we had so many investigators there! Basia, Marzena, Darek and Marzena, and Janina and then the Elders had some of their investigators too. After we had treats in the chapel and everyone was so happy. Sunday they were both confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was amazing. 
Crazy part was on the way back from the swimming pool, there were TONS of fans (it was the Poland game that night vs. Czech Rep.) so there were wild crowds of red and white painted people. And our average age of our members is 85 so that was a fun combination. 

Anyway, so other cool news, Basia set a baptismal date!! For the 14th of July. So amazing. We went over there last night and we talked about the baptism and how she felt and what it is. We read Mosiah 18 a little bit and asked her to be baptized. She nodded and started crying and said "I told Jadwiga earlier today yes, I want to." Then we got our baptismal calendar out and she was worried that she doesn't know enough but we comforted her and told her it will be ok! She is so cute and I love her so much already.  

In other news...

*We had lunch with Lidia and her husband Wojtek who isn't a member...yet :) that was nice.
*We are teaching English at a mall nearby for service and our students are so fun and nice! They're all librarians who are gorgeous, love to read, and are so fun. I showed them all pictures of you and they thought Mom was my sister. Hahaha. Aleksandra was like "she's the prettiest!" [pointing to mom]
*Elders Hayes and Klosowiak are staying here in Gdansk
*Poland lost vs. Czech...everybody was kind of put out about that

Thank you and I LOVE YOU!

Sister Bezdjian


p.s. I am training as of Wednesday! That means that Wednesday morning (our train leaves at 6:30 am) we will head down to Warsaw and that afternoon I will meet my new companion, fresh from the MTC! I can't believe it and I'm so excited. 


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh How I love and miss those last days with my dearest beloved Sara Siostra Bezdjian!

    ReplyDelete