Friday, April 27, 2012

week 6 in Gdansk!

Dearest Family,

So many amazing miraculous things have happened this week! I don't even know where to begin. All I can say is that the Lord's hand is really in this work--it's funny to look back and say "ok I felt like we should do this at this time" and then see who we met then, or how to ran into someone searching for truth.

Iga - she is a member of the church but a few years ago her whole family was very offended and left. But crazy thing is...we were walking on the street one day on the way to a less active member's house and I saw this woman walking and she had half her head shaved and I just felt like I should go talk to her. So I kinda chased her down and I was like "Hi, I'm from the Church of Jesus Christ..." and she goes I used to be a member of your church! And I was like are you sure? I'm not a Jehovah's Witness (there are a lot of them adn sometimes people think we're them) and she told us her story. It was amazing. Of all the people in all of Gdansk that we could have run into on the street. I know it wasn't chance. Also because for the past month I have been writing her name down because we're trying to find some of the inactives who have fallen off the face of the earth. So I've been mapping out where they live and stuff so I knew who she was when she said her name. It was such a testimony to me that the Lord is coordinating everything.

So right now we're meeting with a woman named Marta. Last week she told us her aethiest husband is really really interested in family history! So today we gave her some information about it and we're so excited. Hopefully it will spark his interest too. Her friend Krzystof has been with us at the last two meetings so that's been interesting. They've both searched for a long time to find the truth and right now they believe that it resides with the Catholic Church. For our lesson today we watched the Joseph Smith Restoration video and they said they felt like him too--searching for answers. Now we just need to help them understand the Great Apostasy a bit more. It's a hard thing to explain for me (words like nieksztalacic - to distort) but we get to practice it a lot with all investigators so that's good! They say they've been praying about the Book of Mormon but haven't received an answer from the Holy Ghost yet that it's true. We're praying they'll get their answers soon!

Ania's wedding- One of our members who was baptized last September is getting married on the 5th! We're trying to throw a bridal shower for her at the chapel. It's going to be so fun :D One of the members Wioletta suggested having a man at the party and the older member Halina (who is 85) said "Absolutnie nie!" I'm sure you all can guess what that means. Hahaha.

Eewa Metsa-Tokila from Finland with her friend Elisabeth Kaheonen. We saw them in the park below the chapel and I felt prompted to go talk to them and we did. We didn't know they were members but they are here in Gdansk on vacation and were looking for the church! And..this is the crazy thing--they know Liz!!! Turns out they're from the same home branch in Finland. So they were telling me all about Liz's family and how much her grandparents miss her and they love Liz! Eewa wanted me to pass this note to Liz:
 "I know your father and  your grandparents Kaarina and Raimo. They love you! and they miss you. I'd love to hear from you so much they always talk about you."
The world is so small!

Roman - a man who found an ulotki (flyer) on the tramwaj. Sister McAdams leaves them on her seat as we get off. He texted us and said he's been searching for truth for a long time. So cool! He's meeting with the Elders now and he came to the chapel on Sunday; it was great.
Marta blue coat
Sylwia
Irena and Wieszek and sledge

Love you all!!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment