Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sara MTC week one

Sara's first letter from the mtc. sounds very happy :)

Hi family!
CZESC!!!!

Guess what? Tuesdays are our Pday so while our laundry is going we get to check our email and write letters! How are you all? Please reply me! I love hearing from you :) Mom and Hannah thank you for the dear elders. They're so nice to read, especially after a long day of po Polsku.
We have an investigator (who is one of our teachers) named Krzytof Jainkovski and we teach him in Polish about every other days. It's so fun! We try to make simple Polish sentences and then we are totally guided by the Spirit. It's really amazing to see him grow as we teach by the Holy Spirit. We taught him how to pray the other day and it was really awesome. Even though he's a member of the church, the way we teach him is as if he's a Polish student studying abroad at BYU. And we are still learning a lot about how to teach people, how to teach with each other, and how to trust in the Spirit's promptings.
So we learned how to read Polish this week and we practice reading the Book of Mormon out loud. It's kind of hard because the strings of consonants are difficult but there are certain weird things to remember. There are a lot of shh, and ch, and dge sounds in Polish. It sounds like french and ch shhhh a lot. Weird huh.
My companions are Sister Masters from Sandy and Sister Young from Michigan. Sister Masters is 21, tall, has reddish hair and went to Alta and the U. She's really positive and way cool. I like her a lot. Sister Young is 26, just got her Masters in English from BYU, and has short blonde hair. It's hard learning to work in a 3some companionship because sometimes two are more close you know? But for the next 3 weeks I'm serving as the senior companion so I'm working to make sure we all get along together and everyone feels included.
Anyway how is everyone? Dear Elder write me please!! :) Andrew, how is school? Is it as hard or harder than last semester? If you ever see Brother Petersen, please tell him hi and THANK YOU from me! His class was soooo helpful, and I'm using a lot of the lessons I learned from him. Also, how are the dorms? And rock climbing? Sister Masters loooves to rock climb so we've been talking about it and I told her about you! I love you Broseph :D
Hannah, how is school? The cute little house? Work? Anything new? Is it cold there?
Mom and Dad! I miss you. Dad why haven't you written me. Not cool. Nie ekstra. (ekstra means super cool in Polish.) Just use Dear Elder! Mom you know me so well. WE're too similar sometimes...your letter about how you feel asleep in class was funny. Because I did the same thing! Not in class, but in our personal study and our language labs. we get on the computer and learn new vocab of polish. WE have headphones and microphones so we can practice pronunciation. Polish is such a subtle lanugage!!!
ANyway I love you all. I hope you are all reading the Book of Mormon! It's such a powerful book, even if you only let it into your life for 5 minutes. Our mission presdient challenged us to read it with coloring. Red is Christ, Green is obedience, Faith is purple, and brown is repentance. Now i'm really seeing the correlation between faith and obedience!
I love you! Kocham vy!!!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment