Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Good Morning form Poland 3/4/13


Dearest Raffie, Lindy, Hannah, Andrew, (czyli Rahfi, Lyndi, Hana, i Andrzej Bezdzian)
 
Guess what? You ALL emailed me this week!!! That makes me really happy. Thank you for your emails and pictures too. You all look so good and I love hearing from you.

 
This week was just great. I really saw the miracle of prayer many times. For example. We had a bunch of new kids and parents at our kids' english class on Saturday which means a bunch of new potential investigators! We have been especially been praying for one of the families which has been coming for awhile now that their hearts will be softened to hear the gospel and desire to meet with us. Well guess what! After class on Saturday, the mom offered us to come over to her house! (Miracle!) So we went over with all 5 of their ADORABLE kidlets and she gave us some frozen bigos to have for dinner later. It was really amazing because we just had prayed for her the night before and that morning and wha-bam! She wanted us to come! The next day we went over again and I think slowly but surely their family will be ready to receive the restored gospel.

Sister Bown and I are....doing fantastic. I love Sister Bown. She has taught me a lot about exact obedience this week. We've been really trying to be exactly obedient together and we've seen the blessings. Last night we were getting home later for dinner and we could either eat dinner for 45 minutes. We decided to have the full hour and it worked out perfectly. We caught our investigator right when she was coming home and she even told us, if you had been 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after, you wouldn't have caught me! She was happy to see us, as we were to see her and then we had a short and sweet member lesson.

The principle I learned from the Book of Mormon this week was...always give the Lord the glory for what is accomplished. Ammon (and Alma) in the readings this week (Alma 26 & 29) is such a good example of this. He was a successful missionary inside and out but he was so humble and gave all the credit to the Lord. Also, the sons of Mosiah didn't worry about what the world thought. Their brethren at home scoffed them for their hopes of converting Lamanites but they knew that it was in the Lord's hands.

We also watched the Restoration video with one of our investigators this week and it was really great. She is still not 100% sure that this is true but she wants to know and she wants us to keep meeting with her family. Her husband gets back from work this weekend so we're excited to meet. They are truly awesome.

I had the most amazing experience this week...when we met a really cute family on a tramwaj on the way home yesterday afternoon. I saw this mom and dad with a little baby girl standing on the tramwaj and I just knew they had to hear our message. After observing them out of the corner of my eye for a little while I noticed the father was holding a painting in a plastic shopping bag. I was debating for awhile in my head about what to say but then I just felt a prompting that it doesn't matter how you start it just GO talk to them! So I awkwardly went up and told him I love art and could I see his painting? A few minutes later and we were getting off the tram together, talking, shaking hands and setting up to meet with them on Friday. They are both in a confusing time right now (with the Pope abdicating) and want blessings for their family. It was a testimony to me that the Lord truly will give us what to say and how to say it in the moment that we need. We just need to show our faith in him by putting one foot forward and acting.
 
 
I know the Lord has a lot in store for Sister Bown and me this transfer and for Poland. Thank you for all you do and for who you are! I pray for you specifically every day.
 
Love,
Sister Bezdjian

No comments:

Post a Comment