Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/11/13 - Sister Missionaries Dancing????



Nutella while planning....
Dearest family,
 
Thank you for your prayers. I pray for you all by name every night and I am so happy that you support me. The mission would be a lot harder if I didn't know that you all are thinking about me and encouraging me.
 
At the Old Folks home where the missionaries volunteer
Siostra Bown doing great! We are getting along really well. One thing I am learning from her is to be graceful, even in frustrating situations. As you all know I am not the most patient person. But that's what we have companions for because Sister Bown is! She is not easily frustrated and I am trying to learn from her example espeically when I have to deal with annoying elders. (just kidding.) Anyway, we are getting in a better groove of teaching and finding too so that is good.
 
Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: Obedience  We're just laying down the law on each other. It's going to be great. Unfortunately we already broke a rule (not home on time) the day we set this goal--but we are going to be better. So that's good to work on. Obedience is really a blessing because the Lord ALWAYS blesses us when we keep His commandments. And whenever we live a certain principle, He pays us for it. Which has to do with the next part of this letter.
 
What I learned from Preach My Gospel this week: This morning I decided to do a study from Preach My Gospel. It says to look at the commandments from Lessons 4 & 5 and think of the blessings you have received. It was really enlightening. The first commandment is obedience and I thought about all the blessings I've personally gotten when I keep the commandments. For sure peace of conscience. No feelings of guilt. It always works out better for me in the long run. The next one is to pray often. And I thought for awhile about this one. Sadly, there was a time in my life where I didn't really pray. And I compare that with now--when I pray at night I realize how many times during the day the Lord has blessed me. I see the events of the day in different light. Whereas before I always only thought about myself (well I'm still pretty selfish now too but hey, working on it) in prayer I think about my family, our investigators, members, leaders, and what they need. And the best part of all, I actually have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. And I am definitely happier. I promise you all that if you pick a commandment, and really try to live it exactly the Lord will bless you more than you would have expected.
 
So the next part is to ask your family in a letter, "What blessings have you received from living [a certain commandment]?"
 
 
So family here's your PRACA DOMOWA! (homework):
 
Raffie: What blessings have you received from living the word of wisdom?
Lindy: What blessings have you received from reading the scriptures?
Hannah: What blessings have you received from following the prophet?
Andrew: What blessings have you received from being baptized and confirmed?
 
Thank you. I can't wait to hear your answers!
Our fun and amazing investigator Romana

 
Anyway! Other things from this week:
 
*We met our investigator's boyfriend (for lack of a better word ! He is really really fun. With Sister Sheley we showed him and our investigator a video of Christ's baptism because she wanted to see what it looked like. It was a really good meeting. They both came to church yesterday and I think they enjoyed themselves. He even wore a bow tie.

*Another investigator is doing great! Her baptism will actually probably be in March at this point. She's doing well--she just prefers to read the Book of Mormon with us so she can comment and ask questions. It's great though. 
 
*We met with one of our amazing families again! Yay!! Their meeting was my favorite. We made spaghetti in the chapel and Henry came too. It was a really great time to talk with them and see where they are at.

*We had a meeting with another beautiful family. They are soooo cute. It was towards the end of the lesson and we were trying to help the father pray. He didn't really want to but their 6 year old daughter stepped in.
With her front teeth missing, cute freckled face and big eyes, she asked "Do you love the Lord God?"
He says: "A little."
"Then PRAY!!!" And she clasped his hands together and tickled him.
Well he didn't do it but she ended up praying at the end. Best prayer I have ever heard from a six year old. (By the way, her rabbit just died.)
"Dear God, Thank you for mom and Dad. Please, I would like a rat. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

*A less active member came with us on a lesson! He is so great. He also prays really sincerely.

Love you all!! have a great week.
Romana with her dog Chanel #5
 
I love you and pray for you everyday!
 
Love,
 
Sara
 
p.s. speaking of dogs.....awkward story.
question for you all to ponder - What do you do when you and your companion are trying to read the Book of Mormon with investigators or pray with them and their dogs are humping in the background?  Pretty distracting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara, your picture near "Restauracja przy Bamberce" is really cool ;-)

    We enjoy watching your photos and rading your blog.

    Love you and miss you.

    All the best,
    Dariusz and Marzena.

    ReplyDelete