Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 8 in Gdansk-blooming love


Dear Family,

Dzien Dobry! Guess what? We're going to talk this Sunday! Sister M's parents will coordinate with ours and plan it. On the phone for 40 minutes so 10 minutes for each of you :D yay!!! I want to hear about 1. Your Book of Mormon reading 2. Everything else!

We had some really fun things happen this week:
*We went on a picnic with Sister Braszka this week to the beach! She is Russian and she first met the church in Provo for the Festival of Colors. The Church helped build that temple there (for her previous religion) and she thought it was so nice so when she met the missionaries here in Gdansk she already had good feelings about our church. 
*After English class every Tuesday we have an optional spiritual thought. Lately all our students have been staying so that is cool! Last week we simply testified about the Book of Mormon and what it means to us. (I testified about how it's the reason I left my family to come to Poland--shout out to you all!) So the coolest part was we had a new student named Darek who's about 40ish and does photography. After the lesson he came up to us and said "Wow, I felt what you were saying was true. It was so powerful. I felt something..." And he couldn't really describe it but it was so amazing to see him try. After we walked to the tramwaj stop with him and testified that his feeling was the Holy Ghost. He's like oh no, I"m roman catholic. But we gave him a Book of Mormon anyway! And then we tried to invite his DAUGHTER to YSA activity on saturday but instead he came with his wife! oops...kind of awkward when it's us, the Elders, Patryk (17) and 2 16 year old girls, Daria and Marta. But it actually turned out really fun! We made pinatas for Cinco de Mayo and it was great :D We ate chips and salsa and then we had a lesson after with Darek and his wife and she teared up when we talked about eternal families. It was really good. She said she'd read the Book of Mormon too which was fantastic. 
*Marta and Daria (see above) are really cool girls who come to English class. Daria's kinda just fun but I'm not sure if she's into church things. Marta is reading the Book of Mormon and really likes it so far! They both watched a movie with us (the Joseph Smith one that's pretty recent) this week and it was really cool. I liked it a lot. It's different with them though because everything is really slow and more...casual since we have known them for awhile and don't know how interested in the church vs. english. 

Sister McAdams is such a good teacher. I love how she never gives up and she is so patient with me too. Her example of love for the work is motivating. I can't believe it's already been 8 weeks--time is just flying by! Our Christ-like attribute for this week is: purity. We are striving to be cleaner in our living, neater in our organization, and purer in our thoughts and attitude.

Something I learned in the Book of Mormon this week was how Nephi desired to know the things of the Lord and that is when his heart was softened. Desire is so important! Even with investigators it's possible to see the change that a simple desire can have on a person. Those who lack any sort of desire to change their lives are like empty soil but those who really have a yearning to know the truth are teachable and malleable. I want to increase my desire to come closer to Christ so that He can change me and refine me. Elder Holland told us in the MTC, "Everything you will want for your investigators, God wants for you. You want them to read, to pray, to keep commitments--well God wants that from you. YOU are God's investigators." So I am going to treat myself like one and be a progressing investigator. With desire and commitment. 

As for Book of Mormon reading this week: Great job all of you who read to 1 Nephi 2! (Those who didn't, catch up now so you can be on track with all of us :D ) This week things are going to pick up a little so by next Monday, please read up to 2 Nephi 13. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read. I promise if you do this prayerfully your lives with be blessed.
We invited the Spirit this week by: planning by the Spirit and sticking to those plans. It's amazing to see who we meet when we have planned the night before by the Spirit to achieve specific goals. I'm really excited to see where the potentials we met this week will go after our next meetings. 

Thank you for all that you do! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!

Sara

p.s. For those of you who don't know...my address is:
Ulica Brzozowa 9c/1
Gdansk 80243

No comments:

Post a Comment